Recipe by Countrywife
I got this "recipe" from a co-worker. It's wonderful with fresh or frozen berries. I've also used canned pie filling and lemon filling from the back of the cornstarch box. But then there's the egg whites. Chocolate pudding is nice, too, especially with the soft colored sprinkles.
- 1 pillsbury all ready pie crust
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- fresh fruit, as desired (about 2 cups total)
- lemon juice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Put pie crust flat on cookie sheet and fold the edge over 1/2 inch.
- Bake pie crust 10-12 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile, mix cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth and well blended.
- Blend in vanilla.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over crust to within 1/2 inch of the edge.
- Arrange fruit over cream cheese attractively.
- Dip bananas, peaches and nectarines in lemon juice to prevent browning.