Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a very simple, inexpensive and quick recipe to make. No cooking time and you can have a great dessert in a matter of minutes. I use seasonal fruit for serving, such as a hollowed pumpkin, gourd, or squash for winter and watermelon or cantelope for summer. Great presentation with a great flair. This recipe comes to me from my Grandmother.
- 9 ounces whipped topping
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 14 ounces fruit cocktail
- 1 1⁄2 cups miniature marshmallows (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts, halved (optional)
- Prepare pudding per directions.
- Mix fruit cocktail into pudding.
- Fold all other ingredients.
- Refrigerate until chilled and ready to serve.
Great fruit salad. I did not use the walnuts as I did not have any, but I did add an 11-oz. can of mandarin oranges (drained). The whipped topping I used was an 8-oz. container of Cool Whip.