Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a beautiful, easy dessert, perfect for summertime. You could do a red, white and blue dessert for the 4th of July, or just use whatever fresh fruit is in season and at it's peak.
- 1 (18 ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesoftened cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- fresh fruit
- Cut cookie dough into 1/8 inch slices.
- Arrange cookie slices slightly overlapping on a 14 inch round pizza pan (spray with Pam first).
- Press edges to seal.
- Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Once cookie is cool, spread cream cheese mixture on cookie.
- Top decoratively with fruit.
- Oh, and make sure your cookie dough is cold when you slice it and press it into the pan--makes it easier to work with.
My recipe is similar but I don't add the extra sugar or vanilla to the cream cheese. I use the prepared sugar cookie dough and add softened cream cheese once it is cool and then add sliced fruits to your taste!