An easy to make fruit loaf using sultanas or a mixture of dried fruits. Serve buttered with tea or coffee for a change from cookies.
- Heat gently together in a pot on stove top the water, sugar, dried fruit and butter until butter melts and sugar dissolves.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes then stir in flour and spices and baking soda.
- Pour into a large loaf pan which has been greased and floured or bottom lined with baking paper and bake at 350'F for 45 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool in tin for 10 minutes then tip out onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Serve cut in slices and buttered.