Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found this in a Kraft cooking magazine. It is so easy and quick to prepare,and the taste is wonderful. I have made it with cherry pie filling, but next time I will use Blueberry pie filling.
- 1 (18 ounce) package white cake mix (2 layer size )
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling (optional can sub Blueberry, Apple or Strawberry pie filling)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat first 5 ingredients with mixer until well blended.
- Pour into greased and floured13x9 inch pan; top with spoonfulls of pie filling.
- Bake 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with nuts, let cool for 10 minutes.
- Mix sugar and milk: drizzle over cake.
- Cool completely.
- Note: If glaze is too thick, add a little more milk until it is thin enough to drizzle.
I also found this recipe in the Kraft cooking magazine, and thought it sounded wonderful and so easy. I was making it to send with my husband to work and didn't after I tasted it. Made exactly as the recipe stated--the cake rose too high for a coffee cake and just wasn't that good. Sorry to give a "fair" review LoveToBake67 but this one just didn't fly for us. Not bad, but I wouldn't waste the ingredients again.
So easy and so good! I used apple pie filling, light sour cream, and also had to bake mine about 10 minutes longer so the center was done. Husband and roommate both loved it and my coworkers scarfed down the rest. I have already shared this recipe with my mom. She made it with blueberry filling and it was a hit at her office as well. Definitely a keeper. Thanks!