Recipe by Ceezie
This is kind of a different fruit dip. I haven't tried it yet but am anxious to to. This recipe could be used to make a sugar free fruit dip/jam/sauce for those who cannot have a lot of sugar. Just use a sugar substitute and sugar free Jell-o. This came from Studio 5.
- 3 cups mashed fruit (Mash any kind of fruit, frozen or fresh -strawberries, peaches, cherries, etc.)
- 1⁄3 cup modified cornstarch (Ultra-set)
- 3 -4 tablespoons of dry Jello gelatin (flavor that matches the fruit)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sugar the fruit to sweeten to taste, add modified corn starch and dry Jell-O for flavor. Stir until thickened to the right consistency for jam or dip or sauce.
- This mixture will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. If you make a bigger batch, put it in plastic containers and freeze. Thaw in the refrigerator over night. (Add more fruit or fruit juice if it is too thick, or add more starch if it is too thin.)
- If you are using it as dip, add chunks of other fruit for color and variety depending on what kind of fruit combinations you like.