Recipe by BlueHyacinth
I got this recipe off of a cake mix box and it has become a favorite that is requested all the time. It's just like a cobbler, yet so much easier to prepare. It' great served warm with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream. YUM!!!
Top Review by Ravedeb
This is one of the first things I made as a kid, too. I've made it using canned apple pie filling and adding chopped walnuts. I mix 1/2 cup walnuts into the dry cake mix and sprinkle that over the fruit. Then I sprinkle the rest of the walnuts on top of that. And instead of adding the margarine to the mix, I just drizzle it over the walnuts on top. The combination of the butter and juices bubbling up make the topping crunchy.
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat overn to 350 degrees F.
- Stir together cake mix and margarine in a large bowl until crumbly; set aside.
- Mix pie filling and pineapple together, and spread in an ungreased rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches.
- Sprinkle cake mix mixture evenly over fruit.
- Bake 35- 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm or cool.