Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Quick and easy!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups fruit (canned or fresh)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- READ DIRECTIONS BEFORE YOU BEGIN MIXING.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Put 1/2 cup butter in small flat baking dish (2 qt. baking dish) and put in oven to melt butter.
- Remove dish from oven.
- Mix 1 cup sugar, flour, baking powder and milk.
- Pour into melted butter--DO NOT STIR.
- Pour 2 cups fruit on top and sprinkle with 3/4 cup sugar--DO NOT STIR--.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes.
By far the easiest cobbler recipe! I used mangoes so the extra sweetness was just right! I also made it in a disposeable casserole dish for an eazy cleanup...im lazy lol
While this was easy, it was way too sweet. A cup of sugar in the batter and 3/4 cup over the fruit? If I make it again, I'll omit or cut down the sugar over the fruit.
I have made this twice now, and it is great for a quick and easy dessert that I can whip up with things I already have on hand. I did find it a bit greasy, however, and the second time reduced the amount of butter by almost half. I also topped with brown sugar and cinnamon the second time instead of the white sugar, which was yummy as well. Thanks for this recipe. I'll continue to use it as a base and will try different fruits and toppings.