Recipe by shiobhan_rei
If you are like me you forget to take out the chicken the night before you want to cook it, this is a great and easy way to cook frozen chicken breast. I have used left over pasta sauce topped with cheese and BBQ sauce with honey and brown sugar added in. Use any sauce you have. The measurements are up to you, I had to put something. You need enough sauce to cover the chicken.
Top Review by Sara B.
Come one people! Get real. Every single chicken breast you take out of a frozen bag or package is going to vary in thickness and size. You can cook 6 small thin ones in 30 minutes or 2 huge fat ones in 50 minutes. It all varies in time. This recipe is super easy, fast and tastes really nice. If you're in doubt, stick a thin knife through the thick part and if the juice is not completely clear, cook for 5 or 10 more minutes and try again. If it is clear but you're still not sure, cut that section through and make sure there is zero pink left in the middle.
- 2 -6 frozen chicken breasts, 1 per person
- 1 1⁄2 cups barbecue sauce or 1 1⁄2 cups pasta sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 cup carrots (any veggies) or 1⁄2 cup potato (any veggies)
- 2 -6 slices cheese, 1 per chicken breast
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Place frozen chicken breast in dish.
- Top with sauce.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Options: Add veggies for a one dish meal.
- If using cheese, put it on the last 2 minutes of cook time. This.
- gives it time to melt and brown if you like it that way.