Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
If you are like me you forget to take out the chicken the night before you want to cook it, this is a great and easy way to cook frozen chicken breast. I have used left over pasta sauce topped with cheese and BBQ sauce with honey and brown sugar added in. Use any sauce you have. The measurements are up to you, I had to put something. You need enough sauce to cover the chicken.
- 2 -6 frozen chicken breasts, 1 per person
- 1 1⁄2 cups barbecue sauce or 1 1⁄2 cups pasta sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 cup carrots (any veggies) or 1⁄2 cup potato (any veggies)
- 2 -6 slices cheese, 1 per chicken breast
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Place frozen chicken breast in dish.
- Top with sauce.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Options: Add veggies for a one dish meal.
- If using cheese, put it on the last 2 minutes of cook time. This.
- gives it time to melt and brown if you like it that way.
It does not say whether to cover the chicken breasts or not. Help!
Excellent and can't believe that it works! My children were raving about how good it smelled half way through! I used a fairly liberal amount of Bullseye chicken and rib sauce. As others said, not done in 45 minutes, but these were large breasts. Recommend flipping them over half way through, that might help. Going to try that next time.
A for simplicity, F for instructions, as other reviews say 45 min is no where near close enough to cook the chicken breasts, I cut them open at 55 min and still very raw. It takes closer to 80 min, if you eat them after 45 min make sure your health insurance is up to date.