Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I have been making this recipe for years. I don't know if someone else has the same one, but it is one I came up with when I was first married and I did not care for the store ready-to-spread ones. You can also add food coloring too--I have had some pretty colors with this frosting.
- 1⁄4 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1⁄4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar
- 1 -2 teaspoon vanilla
- milk (enough to use for desired consistency)
- Mix Crisco, butter and vanilla together using medium speed on mixer.
- Add confectioners sugar until blended inches.
- Add milk, a little bit at a time until you reach the desired consistency you want; creamier for a cake and more liquid for on top of cookies.
- You don't want it too thin, just eye it up for what you would be using it for.
I thought this was a good recipe. The butter-flavored Crisco adds great depth to the flavor!
We make this frosting for our cookies and crescent rolls. It is delicious and reminds me of my Dad's frosting that he made when I was little. Thanks for posting!!!
This was perfect! Use a good quality vanilla! Great butter cream frosting!