Recipe by carnation037
I have been making this recipe for years. I don't know if someone else has the same one, but it is one I came up with when I was first married and I did not care for the store ready-to-spread ones. You can also add food coloring too--I have had some pretty colors with this frosting.
- 1⁄4 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1⁄4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar
- 1 -2 teaspoon vanilla
- milk (enough to use for desired consistency)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix Crisco, butter and vanilla together using medium speed on mixer.
- Add confectioners sugar until blended inches.
- Add milk, a little bit at a time until you reach the desired consistency you want; creamier for a cake and more liquid for on top of cookies.
- You don't want it too thin, just eye it up for what you would be using it for.