Recipe by duke1981
This was so easy to make, and the raves never stopped! Could not beleive that this was possible, since I usually make tarts and pies with mincemeat. Definetly something different in cakes!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
ABSOLUTELY GREAT CAKE, & so easy to put together ~ The recipe is a definite keeper! I did leave out of the optional rum flavoring, but included the extract since I used a jar of mincemeat that didn't have that included! I still like eating mince pie, but this cake will be a nice change of pace from time to time! Thanks, much for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Bargain Basement]
- 1 (18 ounce) box butter pecan cake mix (pudding in the mix)
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon maple extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 (24 ounce) jarrum and brandy mincemeat
- 1 tablespoon rum or 1 tablespoon brandy or 1 tablespoon other alcohol, for additional flavouring (optional)
- 1 (340 g) canwhipped cream cheese frosting (or use favourite recipe)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix 3 eggs in a bowl along with all the extracts (do not need to beat, just mix).
- Empty cake mix into large bowl.
- Add egg mixture and mincemeat.
- Add alcohol if desired.
- Mix thoroughly using mixer or by hand.
- Pour into 9x13 cake pan.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out fairly clean (do not over bake- mincemeat keeps cake moist so use discretion).
- Let cool for 30 minutes and remove from pan.
- Frost and serve.