If you like a light, crispy coating on your fried shrimp, so you taste shrimp, not batter, this is the recipe for you. My Mom always fried shrimp like this. It's so easy and tastes wonderful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel, devein and wash shrimp.
- 2In a medium bowl beat eggs with a fork until well blended.
- 3Put shrimp in eggs and mix so all shrimp is coated with eggs.
- 4Put saltine crackers in plastic bag and crush with rolling pin.
- 5Don't roll them too fine.
- 6Heat oil in pan.
- 7Add shrimp to the cracker crumbs, a few at a time and coat well.
- 8Drop into hot oil and fry until golden brown.
- 9Remove and drain on paper towels.
- 10Do not over cook as this toughens the shrimp.
- 11The amount of crackers and eggs you use depends on the amount of shrimp you want to fry.
- 12The more shrimp, the more crackers and eggs.
- 13Preparation time also depends on the amount of shrimp you are frying.
Browse Our Top Healthy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Fried Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 711.1
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 472.4 mg
- Sodium 2625.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 48.0 g