Recipe by DrGaellon
Basic, quick and easy. A simple way to use up leftover rice (it will be much better made with cold rice, trust me.) Make it a main dish by adding 1 lb cooked chicken or shrimp. From Weight Watchers; points values can be found on their site (points will change if protein is added). http://bit.ly/Vb3DQs
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup sliced scallion, divided
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 1⁄2 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; warm pan over medium-high heat. Add eggs; tilt pan so that eggs cover bottom.
- When eggs start to set, break them up into pieces with a heat-proof spatula or wooden spoon. Cook until eggs are cooked through, about 1 minute more; remove eggs from skillet and set aside.
- Off heat, coat same skillet with more cooking spray; set over medium-high heat. Add carrots. Reserve 2 tablespoons scallions and add remainder to skillet; sauté until carrots are crisp-tender, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in cooked rice, peas and soy sauce; cook until heated through, stirring once or twice, about 1 minute. Gently stir in cooked egg and remaining scallions; heat through.
- Yields about 3/4 cups per serving. (Yield will change if protein is added.).