Recipe by Douglas Poe
Just love Fried Rice so I tried to create from a restaurant that we go to often. In a pinch you can use canned peas and carrots (drained). You could also try adding some diced ham and green onions.
- 3 cups cooked white rice (day old or leftover rice works best!)
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrot (thawed)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- On medium high heat, heat the oil in a large skillet or wok.
- Add the peas/carrots, onion and garlic.
- Cook until tender about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Lower the heat to medium low and push the mixture off to one side, then pour your eggs on the other side of skillet and cook until scrambled.
- Now add the rice and soy sauce and blend all together well.
- Stir fry until thoroughly heated.