Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
Just love Fried Rice so I tried to create from a restaurant that we go to often. In a pinch you can use canned peas and carrots (drained). You could also try adding some diced ham and green onions.
- On medium high heat, heat the oil in a large skillet or wok.
- Add the peas/carrots, onion and garlic.
- Cook until tender about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Lower the heat to medium low and push the mixture off to one side, then pour your eggs on the other side of skillet and cook until scrambled.
- Now add the rice and soy sauce and blend all together well.
- Stir fry until thoroughly heated.
This is so easy and SO good. Better than restaurants. Don't change anything with this recipe!
Awesome fried rice!!!! I made this as written, although in a scaled back version to 1/3 of the original amount. This is so flavorful, so much more flavor then the normal fried rice recipes. The only thing I would change next time is to not add the garlic and add some smoke flavor, in order to get the fried rice that I tasted from a Chinese Restaurant (from the Outback Restaurant Group that was the best I have ever had) but can't remember the name. You have a great recipe here!!! Thanks so much Douglas Poe. Made for Fall PAC 2012.
Yum!! I will be adding this to my monthly menu rotation. So easy and delicious. My teens loved it. I added chicken to mine to make it a compete meal with protein. I used olive oil as also rather than oleo. Thanks!!!