Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very easy. The rice, preferably, should be one day old (so that it is less sticky) but I have done it all once several times with good results. I also want to try adding in bean sprouts, but I keep forgetting to pick some up at the store.
- Lightly beat the eggs with the salt and pepper.
- Heat a wok or frying pan and add 2 tablespoons oil. When the oil is hot, add the eggs. Cook, stirring, until they are lightly scrambled but not too dry. Set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil back to the pan. Add the rice. Stir-fry for a few minutes, using a wooden spoon to break it apart.
- Stir in the soy sauce and stir fry sauce.
- When the rice is heated through, add the scrambled egg back into the pan. Mix throughly.
- Stir in the green onion. Serve hot.
My quick-&-easy thing with rice is to fix (preferrably brown) rice & then stir in some thawed frozen peas, but this recipe takes that a step further & gave us a wonderfully satisfying rice side ~ I still added the peas, but other than that . . . A very nice keeper recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Cookbook tag]
This is the easiest Fried Rice I have ever made! Really fast. Made with my Orange Chicken (Restaurant Style) and added some frozen peas. I will make this again. Thanks for another great recipe Kelly. (Made for Fall PAC 08)
This came together really quickly. I halved the recipe, and added some leftover peas and eggplant. Thanks Kelly! Made for Pick a Chef!