Recipe by kelly jean
Very easy. The rice, preferably, should be one day old (so that it is less sticky) but I have done it all once several times with good results. I also want to try adding in bean sprouts, but I keep forgetting to pick some up at the store.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
My quick-&-easy thing with rice is to fix (preferrably brown) rice & then stir in some thawed frozen peas, but this recipe takes that a step further & gave us a wonderfully satisfying rice side ~ I still added the peas, but other than that . . . A very nice keeper recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Cookbook tag]
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 4 cups cold cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon stir-fry sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly beat the eggs with the salt and pepper.
- Heat a wok or frying pan and add 2 tablespoons oil. When the oil is hot, add the eggs. Cook, stirring, until they are lightly scrambled but not too dry. Set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil back to the pan. Add the rice. Stir-fry for a few minutes, using a wooden spoon to break it apart.
- Stir in the soy sauce and stir fry sauce.
- When the rice is heated through, add the scrambled egg back into the pan. Mix throughly.
- Stir in the green onion. Serve hot.