Recipe by Mona
I never could make fried rice, it always turned out sticky and nasty. Until one night when I couldn't sleep, I turned on the tv and watched this infomercial for cookware and they made fried rice. And what do you know, its a good recipe! Only thing good that ever came out of a infomercial, lol. Anyway my whole family loves it and have been asked for the recipe many times. If you have leftover chicken, toss it in too. I've also added hamburger and other veggies with good results too.
Top Review by Rick Young
I found this to be an easy to prepare fried rice that went well with Vietnamese Spring Rolls that my wife made. I will, in the future, back off or even eliminate the celery or, perhaps better yet, chop it even finer (I had about 1/8" x 1/8" x 1/8" pieces this time). I think some chopped sugar pea pods would also go rather well with this dish. This dish will be welcome to return to my table.
- 3 cups cold leftover cooked rice
- 1⁄2-1 cup oleo (or butter)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 stalks celery (chopped, or just use 3 cloves of garlic and)
- 2 carrots (diced)
- 1 cup frozen peas (or a small-medium part of ginger)
- 3 eggs (beaten, or 6)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup soy sauce (to taste, and chicken msg)
- Melt oleo in large non-stick skillet.
- Add onion, celery, and carrots.
- Saute until onions are transparent and carrots are crisp tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add peas and cook one minute more until peas are thawed.
- Push veggies to one side of skillet.
- Scramble eggs in empty side of skillet after the oleo spreads from veggies.
- Mix eggs into veggies and season with pepper.
- then put in small amount of rice and then.
- Add soy sauce.
- Then slowly mix in rice by the spoonful until all rice is added and all ingredients are well blended.
- Fry until steamy hot stirring often.