Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is so good. My grandmother was from Ireland and she used to make this dish all the time. When I make it, it always reminds me of her. I hope you enjoy it :)
- 1 large onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 potatoes (baked or boiled and cooled)
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil and butter in a skillet. Add the onions and cook until soft and lightly browned. Remove the onions from the pan and reserve.
- Slice the potatoes into 1/4 inch slices. Add them to the hot pan and brown on both sides.
- Return the onion to the pan, toss and season. Serve warm.
Wow! These are awesome! Simple and tasty. Thanks Moonlightlady for a great recipe. Made for Cookbook Tag.
These were good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written other then I used season salt instead of regular salt. We all enjoyed them.
What a delightful treat! I scaled it down to serve 1 and really enjoyed this method of frying potatoes and onions. I used leftover red potatoes that were boiled with the skin on. I'll be making my fried potatoes this way from now on. Thanks for sharing! Made for Spring PAC 2012.