Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an easy dish to make, I make it often with my summer's crop of garden tomatoes and basil :)
Make and share this Easy Fresh Tomato and Basil Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 453.59 g package farfalle pasta
- 2-3 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 14.79-29.58 ml minced fresh garlic
- 118.29 ml fresh basil leaf, cut into thin strips
- salt & fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- grated parmesan cheese (to taste)
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes) drain and toss the hot pasta with olive oil and garlic.
- Add in chopped tomatoes and basil; mix to combine, then season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.
Made this up last nite because I have a million tomatoes and a gang of basil too! I followed the recipe exactly and wasn't impressed with the dish warm. I put the leftovers in the fridge and ate it for lunch today. I added a bit of italian dressing, and it was edible. Sorry, but made as directed it was not good to us.
Just realized I had not reviewed this recipe and it is one of my favs that I make quite often for 2. Simple and delicious and you can change it up by using diff. pastas, adding grilled chicken or shrimp, artichoke hearts, capers, etc. I normally use 2 tomatoes for 2 servings. Reminds me of Carrabba's Tagliarini Picchi Pacchiu. Thank you so much for another great recipe, Kittencal!!!
My hubby requested a "light pasta dish" to have the night before the triathelon he participated in last weekend and this was perfect. I did cook up one 8oz pkg of sliced mushrooms with some of the garlic and olive oil and added that in too. We didn't add any salt- the parmesan cheese with freshly ground pepper was delicious enough. Thanks for another great recipe!