Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
Upside-down peach cobbler--the batter goes in the pan before the peaches.
Top Review by newmama
This was easy and tasty, but not nearly enough peaches for us. It was mostly cobbler with some peach thrown in and I added 5 cups. Next time I would definitely add 6-8 cups of fruit. I also cut the sugar in the fruit to 1/2 cup and it was still very sweet. I did add the cinnamon and would try nutmeg too next time. Served it with vanilla ice cream.. Thanks!
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups peaches, peeled pitted, and thinly sliced (about 5 to 6 medium peaches)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 dashes ground cinnamon (optional) or 3 dashes ground nutmeg (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375°F degrees.
- Pour the melted butter in a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish.
- In medium bowl, combine the flour, 1 cup of sugar, baking powder, and salt; mix well.
- Stir in the milk and stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter over the butter. DO NOT mix together.
- In a small saucepan, combine the peaches, lemon juice, and the remaining cup of sugar; bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Pour the peaches over the batter, but do not stir in; sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Serve warm or cold.