Recipe by LizCl
You can substitute finely chopped peaches if you can't find nectarines. Delicious and easy to make. Top with a glaze of your choice.
Top Review by BarbS61
I made this for my 83 year old MIL's birthday, using ripe peaches and a spice cake mix...left out the cinnamon and frosted with a white frosting mix...Everyone loved it. (Note: since we're in Denver, the mile high city, I did add 1/4 cup flour and bake at 325 for about an hour and 15 minutes before it was ready!) Thanks for something quick and easy that I was able to fix and make a very sweet lady feel special!
- 2 1⁄2-3 cups finely chopped nectarines (about 5-6)
- 3⁄4 cup peach nectar or 3⁄4 cup apricot nectar
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix or 1 (18 ounce) vanilla cake mix
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the eggs with oil and peach nectar using an electric mixer, until blended.
- Add cinnamon and cake mix and continue beating on high speed for 2 minutes.
- Beat in the finely chopped nectarines and chopped pecans.
- Spoon the batter into a greased and floured bundt pan.
- Bake at 325°F for 55 to 60 minutes.
- Cool on a rack for 15 minutes; invert and cool completely.