Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from my family's Mexican exchange student a few years ago. I added a garlic salt to the recipe but other than that it is all his! I love the fresh taste - fantastic with restaurant - style tortilla chips! All ingredients are approximate - add more or less of the ingredients to your taste.
- 4 -5 large avocados, peeled and cubed
- 2 -3 tablespoons red onions, finely diced
- 10 grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- hot sauce (I like Frank's Red Hot or Crystal)
- garlic salt
- 1 lime
- In a medium-sized bowl, coarsely mash avocado. If you prefer, mash completely for a smoother dip.
- Stir in onion, tomatoes, jalapeno, hot sauce, and garlic salt according to your taste.
- Roll lime on counter top to release juices and cut in half. Squeeze fresh lime juice into guacamole and mix.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- Tip: Guacamole browns quickly so make this dip right before serving. Lime juice and leaving the avocado pit in the bowl sometimes helps keep the guacamole from getting too brown after sitting out.
ROCK ON Jami Robin! This is just exactly how I love my guacamole! My store had avocados on sale this week for $.79 each and I could have eaten this whole thing by myself it was that good! So many call for cilantro which I just really cannot stand. Made this for PAC Spring '09 and will make this again and often!