Prep 10 mins
Cook 22 mins
This is one of my most favorite desserts. Any combination of berries will work. Use smooth jelly. This is easy and beautiful! Enjoy!
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed overnight in refrigerator
- 2 teaspoons sugar (I use Turbinado)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry jelly, plus
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jelly
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups fresh berries
- adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and heat oven to 425 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Unfold thawed pastry onto baking sheet and prepare pastry shell.
- Brush a 1/2 inch border along the edges of the pastry with water. Fold the long edges of the pastry over by 1/2 inch, then fold the short edges over by 1/2 inch.
- working lengthwise, lightly score the outer edge of all folded edges of the tart shell with a paring knife.
- To prevent the center of the tart from puffing up in the oven, poke the dough repeatedly with a fork.
- combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle mixture over inside of tart shell. Transfer to wire rack and let cool at least 1 hour.
- While crust is baking, stir softened cream cheese, 2 tablespoons jelly, and vanilla in bowl until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over inside of cooled tart shell. Place remaining jelly in large microwave safe bowl and microwave on high power until jelly melts, about 30 seconds. Add berries to bowl and toss gently until coasted with the jelly. Spoon berries over cream cheese mixture and refrigerate until jelly is set, at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Serve.
My darling son-in-law took one bite of this and said, "this is the best strawberry pie I've ever eaten." He's still talking about it! I doubled the cream cheese and jelly mix, because you can never have enough cream cheese :)