Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a fantastic and easy recipe to use when you have fresh green or yellow beans overflowing in your garden, I know, I make this bean recipe every harvest time. This recipe can esily be doubled. You will love this!
- 2 lbs fresh wax beans (can use both) or 2 lbs fresh green beans (can use both)
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil (can use more, and can use both oil and butter) or 1 -2 tablespoon butter (can use more, and can use both oil and butter)
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 3 chopped fresh garlic cloves (or to taste, I use about 2 tablespoons, chopped not minced!)
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
- salt and pepper
- Rinse the beans with cold water and trim off ends.
- In medium saucepan, steam the beans (tightly covered) in about 1/4 cup water until tender, about 5 minutes; remove from water to drain well, and set aside (I pat them dry with paper towels).
- In a skillet heat the oil or butter (can use both).
- Add in sliced onions, and chopped garlic; saute for about 3 minutes.
- Add in zest, 2/3 cup orange juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in the steamed beans; toss to coat.
- Heat for about 1 more minute or so.
Even my professed green bean haters ate these! I made just as written & the orange flavor was perfect. Thanks for posting thsi! I'll definitely be making again!
Wonderful recipe!!! I added more garlic and will probably add more yet. Easy and quick to prepare! Thanks for posting
I too enjoyed these with dinner this evening. Based on NimrodCook's experience I used a bit more zest and fresh squeezed juice so the burst of orange really came through. This is an unusual combination of flavors but they really worked well. Thank Kitz.