Prep 8 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is the easy way out when you have a gang at you house for breakfast. Delicious!
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 12 slices French bread, cut 3/4 in thick (day old is best)
- Combine juice, peel, eggs, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Beat well.
- Melt butter in 13x9 baking pan.
- Dip the bread on both sides; place in pan.
- Bake at 450* for 6 minutes, turn and bake another 6 minutes.
Another delicious recipe from MizzNezz! It's easy to do and uses ingredients I always have on hand. I loved the ease of baking it! Thanks for another keeper!
I made this exactly as written and was rewarded with thick, tender and yummy french toast. I loved the orange and cinnamon flavors. For a crowd, you could easily make 2 or 3 pans of this french toast all at the same time. You don't have to fry a couple pieces of french toast in a pan at a time. Thanks for sharing MizzNezz. Made for Dec 2010 Let's P-A-R-T-Y.
I tried this french toast today. It was very good for a chilly fall day. I didn`t have french bread so I used day old homemade bread. It worked out fine. Will definately make it again. Thanks for a great recipe.