1/1 Photo of Easy French Onion Soup
LaLa Lola's Note:
This is our Christmas Day buffet soup. So easy to prepare and serve. Ladling the soup over the French bread and cheese is a simple way to melt the cheese without using the broiler.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup margarine (1 stick)
- 4 large onions, sliced,separated into rings (use yellow or red or combination of both)
- 2 cans beef broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- French bread, slices (toasted in oven until crisp)
- shredded mozzarella cheese or swiss cheese (or combo mozzarella/parmesan)
- 1Melt margarine in large pot.
- 2Add onions; cook until limp, about 20 minutes.
- 3Add broth, wine, water, and pepper.
- 4Bring to boil; reduce heat, simmer, uncovered for 15 minutes.
- 5To serve, put French bread slice in bowl.
- 6Top with shredded cheese.
- 7Ladle hot soup over bread and cheese.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy French Onion Soup
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.0
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.6 mg
- Sodium 567.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 2.2 g