Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my mom's recipe for this soup, I eat it without the bread beacuse it grosses me out. This is so simple to make.
- 3 medium onions, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 (8 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 can water
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- Fry onions until soft, add garlic salt.
- Add beef broth, fill 1 tin with water and add as well.
- Bring to a boil.
- In bowls put bread and cheese, enough to fill half way up the bowls.
- Laddle soup into each bowl, bake at 350 until cheese melts.
This is a really easy and delicious soup. Of course, I can't leave a recipe alone and had to make a few changes, but I used this recipe as the base and don't feel that my changes have really altered the recipe. First, I used 2 mashed cloves of garlic instead of the garlic salt. As I don't combine meat with dairy for religious reasons, I also used a vegetable broth instead of beef broth. Aside from that, I stayed true to the rest of the recipe. My kids had them with breadcrumbs, I had them without. Dornette #3, who is a soup maven, had two bowls of this stuff on Friday night. Dornette #1, a newbie vegetarian who usually doesn't eat soup, pronounced this delicious and took the recipe back with her to make at home. Leanne, this is my newest favorite soup, it's so easy to make, and also freezes beautifully (freeze before adding the cheese and bread crumbs). Thanks so much!
It's very easy.It can be a brunch because it'll make you full and is nutritious.What a good meal to start your new day.