Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I love french onion soup, but I don't love all the calories... This is low and calories & tastes great!
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Campbell's French onion soup
- 1 piece light whole wheat bread
- 1 slice 2% cheddar cheese
- Heat soup in microwave (I like to add the water to the condensed soup, and then drain out some of the liquid, makes it less salty).
- Toast wheat bread.
- Put bread on top of the soup.
- Cover with cheese.
- Heat in the microwave until the cheese melts.
If you're in a real hurry for a Fr. onion soup this one is ok. I prefer provolone or mozzarella cheese with mine. I was thinking, this Chef likes to add water then drain it off right away to reduce some of the salt. What if you slice some onions and saute them in butter then add them to the soup? That way when you can add a full can of water making more servings with less salt in each. I made this for the Spring PAC 2007 game.