Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This makes such a fancy presentation that I think it can scare people off. I Loooove onions and this soup is an all time favorite.
- 2 peeled and sliced vidalia onions or 2 walla walla onions
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons real butter
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef consomme
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (I use more)
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 sourdough baguette, sliced buttered, and toasted
- Saute onions and garlic in butter till tender.
- Add next 3 ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Place soup in bowl place baguette on top and sprinkle cheese on top of that.
- Place under broiler till lightly browned and cheese is melted.
Very good and so easy to put together. The only thing I would do differently next time is leave out the Worcestershire sauce. I just didn't care for it in this soup. Other than that we loved it. Thanks for sharing. Made for "The Love Train" event 2012
Loved this!!! Thank you for sharing, I will be making it again. (-:
This was a very good soup! I used a thick slice of french bread on each one and it was just delicious! I did add a little more Worcestershire sauce just as you suggested. Will make again! Thanks for sharing!