Recipe by arroz241_11561377
This recipe was e-mailed to me via the 'Mr Food' recipe site. I haven't made it yet, but wanted to post it here for safe-keeping.
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese, divided
- 1 (2 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix, prepared according to pkg directions
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Arrange bread slices or 1" cubes in single layer, on a baking sheet and toast until dry and golden, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350 degrees.
- Coat 9x13" baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange half of the bread in a single layer in the dish and sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheese.
- Top with remaining bread and pour prepared soup over bread, then sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until bread has absorbed the soup, and the cheese is golden.
- Note: According to a 'Mr Food' reviewer, this bread can be cut into 1-2 " cubes, instead of slices and would probably be easier to serve. Also, I'm guessing on the weight of 1 envelope of dry onion soup mix, but the recipe definately states "one envelope".