This recipe was e-mailed to me via the 'Mr Food' recipe site. I haven't made it yet, but wanted to post it here for safe-keeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese, divided
- 1 (2 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix, prepared according to pkg directions
- 1Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Arrange bread slices or 1" cubes in single layer, on a baking sheet and toast until dry and golden, about 5 minutes.
- 3Reduce temperature to 350 degrees.
- 4Coat 9x13" baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange half of the bread in a single layer in the dish and sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheese.
- 5Top with remaining bread and pour prepared soup over bread, then sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 6Bake 25-30 minutes or until bread has absorbed the soup, and the cheese is golden.
- 7Note: According to a 'Mr Food' reviewer, this bread can be cut into 1-2 " cubes, instead of slices and would probably be easier to serve. Also, I'm guessing on the weight of 1 envelope of dry onion soup mix, but the recipe definately states "one envelope".
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy French Loaf Onion Bake
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 657.7
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 33.1 mg
- Sodium 1703.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 104.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 30.4 g