Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 hrs
This is my version of crock-pot French dip sandwiches. My daughter hates beer in recipes so this one's for her.
- 3 lbs fresh beef brisket (not corned beef)
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed beef broth
- 8 French baguettes or 8 sandwich buns
- Place beef in a 3 1/2 to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Mix dry soup mix and beef broth; pour over beef.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 8-10 hours, or until beef is tender.
- Remove beef; cut across grain into thin slices.
- Skim fat from liquid in pot.
- Cut each baguette in half; fill with beef slices; serve with broth for dipping.
The best BBQ Brisket I have ever made.(and I live in BBQ country-Kansas) I will never cook a brisket in the oven again(to dry). I made this on Sunday wrapped in foil and placed in the refrig overnight. Monday evening, I came home from work, I sliced it and placed it in a skillet w/ some beef broth and warmed it up while I was making the rest of dinner. When I placed the rolls in the oven to bake I drained the broth and covered the beef w/ BBQ sauce and let it warm up until the rolls were ready. I placed the beef in a serving dish and dinner was served. DH stated he could not believe how moist the beef was. Thank you very much Hey Jude!
Very good crockpot sandwich night meal! Some of us topped of our meat with the delicious gravy while others used hot sauce and salsa. We enjoyed these subs with chips and cookies and used paper plates for a great no-work middle of the week meal! Thanks for sharing!