Recipe by Hey Jude
This is my version of crock-pot French dip sandwiches. My daughter hates beer in recipes so this one's for her.
Top Review by Sara-Texas
The best BBQ Brisket I have ever made.(and I live in BBQ country-Kansas) I will never cook a brisket in the oven again(to dry). I made this on Sunday wrapped in foil and placed in the refrig overnight. Monday evening, I came home from work, I sliced it and placed it in a skillet w/ some beef broth and warmed it up while I was making the rest of dinner. When I placed the rolls in the oven to bake I drained the broth and covered the beef w/ BBQ sauce and let it warm up until the rolls were ready. I placed the beef in a serving dish and dinner was served. DH stated he could not believe how moist the beef was. Thank you very much Hey Jude!
- 3 lbs fresh beef brisket (not corned beef)
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed beef broth
- 8 French baguettes or 8 sandwich buns
Directions See How It's Made
- Place beef in a 3 1/2 to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Mix dry soup mix and beef broth; pour over beef.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 8-10 hours, or until beef is tender.
- Remove beef; cut across grain into thin slices.
- Skim fat from liquid in pot.
- Cut each baguette in half; fill with beef slices; serve with broth for dipping.