1/16 Photos of Easy French Crepes
This is the best crepe recipe you'll find and it's amazingly simple. Not surprisingly, Julia provides the basis of this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place water, milk, flour, eggs and salt into blender (in that order makes it easier to scrape the unmixed flour off the sides) and blend at lowest setting.
- 2After 30 seconds pour in melted butter and continue to blend at lowest setting for two minutes (make sure to stop the blender after about 15 seconds and scrape any unmixed flour off the sides).
- 3Warm a non-stick crepe pan (8" or 10" pans are the best size) over medium heat.
- 4Starting with the crepe pan already tilted, pour in 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup of batter (depending on pan size) and quickly tilt the pan spreading the batter to the edges (this should make for a nice thin crepe).
- 5Once the edges start to curl up slightly, inspect the under-side to see if it's a light golden-brown.
- 6This step is up to you, but some people like to flip the crepe for about 10-15 seconds just to give it a more "finished off" look.
- 7Fill with fruit or Nutella or cinnamon-sugar, or my favorite, ham & Gruyère (don't forget to add pepper!).
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy French Crepes
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 285.8
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 334.0 mg
- Sodium 631.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 11.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: