1/3 Photos of Easy French Chicken Stew
A fantastic weeknight dinner slightly adjusted from a Rachael Ray recipe. A hearty, rustic stew that's perfect on a cold night.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat the broiler.
- 2Heat olive oil in small saucepot over low heat with crushed garlic cloves for 3-4 minutes. Remove from the heat and reserve.
- 3Split open the French bread lengthwise, brush both cut sides liberally with the garlic oil and place under the broiler to toast until golden brown. Remove and chop the bread into extra-large, bite-sized pieces.
- 4In a pot add onion, chicken broth and the crushed tomatoes. Bring the mixture up to a simmer.
- 5While the tomatoes are getting hot, chop the poached chicken into chunks. Once the tomatoes are simmering, add the chunked chicken, chopped tarragon and season with a little salt and pepper.
- 6Continue to simmer until the chicken is heated through.
- 7Divide the garlic bread chunks between 4 serving bowls, top with stew and serve.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy French Chicken Stew
Serving Size: 1 (707 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 703.9
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 82.3 mg
- Sodium 1568.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 43.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: