1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 45 mins
This cassoulet is a wonderful and EASY one-pan variation of the French classic! Great, warming comfort food that takes the chill off in the colder months. Very hearty and welcoming to come home to after a winter's walk or some sledding fun! Serve the steaming cassoulet in bowls accompanied with a baguette or corn bread, a tossed salad, and a nice glass of cider or wine. ENJOY! Notes: Chopped kielbasa will work in place of the bulk pork sausage, and ground allspice in place of the cloves. Also dry white vermouth in place of dry white wine, is good. Can be baked in a 2-quart size casserole dish (deep rather than shallow), if you do not have a Dutch oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb bulk pork sausage or 1/2 lb chopped kielbasa
- 1 small onions, sliced or 1/2 cup onion
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 stalk celery & leaves, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pinch rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white beans (undrained)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or 1/4 cup dry white vermouth
- 1 dash ground cloves or 1 dash allspice
- 1In a large oven-proof skillet such as a Le Creuset or Dutch oven cook sausage, onion, and garlic over medium-low heat until meat is lightly browned and onion is tender; drain off fat.
- 2Add ham, parsley, and bay leaf; mix well. Stir in undrained beans, wine, and cloves.
- 3Bake, covered, at 325°F for 45 minutes.
- 4Uncover and bake 40 to 45 minutes longer, stirring occasionally. Remove bay leaf.
- 5Serve in bowls with butter and a baguette or hot corn bread, if desired.
- 6Makes 6 servings.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy French Cassoulet With Wine, Beans, Sausage, Ham and Herbs
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 385.8
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 67.2 mg
- Sodium 69.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 29.4 g