10 hrs 20 mins
D. Todd Miller's Note:
The crust really makes this simple pie! This recipe comes from "Betty Feezor's Carolina Recipes, Vol. II" by Betty Feezor. Mrs. Feezor hosted an incredibly popular North Carolina home economics television show from the 1950s until her untimely death in the late 1970s. Note: "Cooking time" is actually chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips (I recommend Ghirardelli brand)
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal (I use Rice Krispies or similar)
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 2 cups lemon pie filling, frozen
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1Melt chocolate chips and butter (or margarine) in a heavy saucepan. Add cereal and toasted coconut, and mix well.
- 2Press mixture into a buttered 9-inch pie plate. Chill until firm.
- 3To make filling, pour lemon pie filling into an ice cube tray. Freeze several hours until icy. (Most prepared fillings will freeze to only a slushy consistency; this is perfect).
- 4Turn frozen lemon pie filling into a bowl, and beat with mixer. Cut vanilla ice cream into eighths, and add to pie filling. Beat to mix.
- 5Pour filling mixture into chilled cereal crust. Cover and freeze overnight.
- 6To serve, top with whipped topping and chocolate curls, if desired.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Freezy Lemon Pie
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.2
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 36.2 mg
- Sodium 177.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 30.2 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemon pie filling