Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 hrs
The crust really makes this simple pie! This recipe comes from "Betty Feezor's Carolina Recipes, Vol. II" by Betty Feezor. Mrs. Feezor hosted an incredibly popular North Carolina home economics television show from the 1950s until her untimely death in the late 1970s. Note: "Cooking time" is actually chilling time.
- Melt chocolate chips and butter (or margarine) in a heavy saucepan. Add cereal and toasted coconut, and mix well.
- Press mixture into a buttered 9-inch pie plate. Chill until firm.
- To make filling, pour lemon pie filling into an ice cube tray. Freeze several hours until icy. (Most prepared fillings will freeze to only a slushy consistency; this is perfect).
- Turn frozen lemon pie filling into a bowl, and beat with mixer. Cut vanilla ice cream into eighths, and add to pie filling. Beat to mix.
- Pour filling mixture into chilled cereal crust. Cover and freeze overnight.
- To serve, top with whipped topping and chocolate curls, if desired.