Recipe by norsecookie
A great and super-easy recipe for take-along lunches to work, school, etc. Instead of store-bought salsa, an excellent ingredient is recipe 276150. You can embellish them a million ways. This is one of my favorite OAMC recipes because making 12 burritos literally takes less than 10 minutes and makes 12 really yummy lunches.
Top Review by flower7
Excellent, quick and easy! I love how customizable these are! Instead of pureeing beans, I used refried black beans. For veg I used a box of frozen spinach and for cheese I used Monterey jack with a little sharp white cheddar. I had huge tortillas so only got 8 burritos (I also didn't have 2 cups veg). For filling them, I mixed the beans, spinach & salsa together (so it was easier to portion them more evenly) then sprinkled the cheeses on top. The only issue I had was the reheat time from frozen - it took my microwave 2 1/2 minutes to get one hot all the way through. But once heated, they were great! I will be sure to keep a stash of these in the freezer all the time now. Thanks for sharing!
- 15 ounces black beans
- 16 ounces salsa (or recipe 276150)
- 12 flour tortillas (any size you like)
- 8 ounces shredded colby-monterey jack cheese or 8 ounces cheddar cheese
- 2 cups frozen vegetables, leftovers are great too, such as spinach, broccoli, green beans, cauliflower, shredded carrots, what
Directions See How It's Made
- Set out a 9x11 baking pan to place folded burritos in.
- Whirl Black Beans (drained slightly) in a food processor for 3-5 seconds to make a thick paste.
- Warm up tortillas in the microwave. Place all 12 on a plate on high for about 45-60 seconds.
- Spread bean paste on tortilla. Layer on veggies, salsa, and cheese, (leftover chicken, shredded would also be good).
- Roll up, folding in ends.
- Place seam-side down into baking pan.
- Repeat process for all 12.
- Place baking pan in freezer until burritos are frozen solid.
- Wrap individually in foil/freezer paper and place in a large Ziploc bag for easy grab-and-go lunch.
- To reheat: cover with paper towel and microwave for 30-60 seconds, depending on microwave. Top with extra salsa, sour cream or plain yogurt with cumin.