Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from my mother-in-law, she has used it for 30 years and I will probably use it for 30 more!
- 2 quarts thinly sliced cucumbers
- 2 sliced onions
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- Mix Cucumbers and Onions together and sprinkle with salt, mix well and let stand 2-3 hours.
- Rinse and drain well.
- Mix Vinegar and Sugar till sugar is dissolved.
- Put cucumbers and onions in freezer containers or freezer bags, pour vinegar/sugar mixture over cukes and onions (I only fill mine half full to leave room for expansion during freezing).
- Freeze 3 weeks before eating, the longer you let them sit the sweeter the pickles.
- Thaw in refrigerator or in cold water.
This was exactly what I was looking for - a quick recipe with few ingredients to use up all of the cucumbers my neighbor gave me. They turned out great!
What a save!! I had two many pickles left so I came to freezer pickles and tried this. My family can't get enough.!!!!! THANKS SO MUCH !!!!
These are wonderful! I loved the fact that they can be made ahead of time and frozen. Lovely side dish! I served these with my Chicken Paprikas. You can be sure I will always have a container or two in the freezer.