1/2 Photos of Easy Forbidden Rice Stir-Fry
Cooking time is mainly for the rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup forbidden rice
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth (or water)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, diced (any color is fine)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 tablespoon scallion, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted (optional)
- 1Cook rice according to package. Set aside and keep warm.
- 2In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté onion, pepper, and garlic in oil until onion is translucent.
- 3Add egg to vegetables and scramble until almost cooked.
- 4Increase heat to medium-high. Add rice to vegetable/egg mixture and stir-fry until heated through, approximately 10-15 seconds.
- 5Remove from heat. Add salt and pepper to taste. Top with scallions. Toasted sesame seeds are nice, too. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Forbidden Rice Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.9
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 230.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 4.9 g