1/2 Photos of Easy, Foolproof Cobbler (For Any Fruit)
1 hr 5 mins
Found on www.thekitchn.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the flour and sugar.
- 2Add the butter, mixing as you go, until the mixture forms a soft dough. It can be slightly crumbly, but you want it to hold together when you squeeze it.
- 3Spray a 9x9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- 4Put the fruit in the dish — you will probably need about 4 cups of berries or chopped fruit. You want to create a thick layer that comes about two inches up the sides.
- 5If the fruit is particularly tart, sprinkle with a light layer of sugar. If the fruit is soft and sweet, you don't need it.
- 6Take the dough by the handful and pat it into disks that are about 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch thick. Lay them on top of the fruit, continuing with the patties, until it is covered.
- 7Bake the cobbler at 350 degrees for about 45-50 minutes, until the crust is light golden brown. Let cool slightly, then serve with ice cream.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy, Foolproof Cobbler (For Any Fruit)
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.4
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 2.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 33.3 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: