Recipe by Derf
Quick and easy to prepare, pop on the BBQ and forget them,'til the rest of dinner is ready, Delicious!!!
Top Review by Va_Girl
I love, love, love this orginal idea!! My only gripe about the recipe was all of the added fat from the butter and oil. I followed the potato/onion prep, but I made some adjustments on the fats. I rubbed the entire skin of the potato with my favorite EVOO before slicing. Then, I dotted a tiny bit of unsalted Irish butter between each slit for flavor (1 tsp total). After folding the foil packet I poured in 1 T of my favorite chicken stock and sealed the packet. Great flavor for more than half of the fat & calories!
- 1 large potato, any type
- 0 large Spanish onion
- 29.58-44.37 ml butter or 29.58-44.37 ml margarine
- 29.58-44.37 ml olive oil
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- aluminum foil, large piece of
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub potato and make 4 slits almost through to bottom.
- Slice onion into 4 slices to fit into slits in potato.
- Dot with butter or margarine.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle olive oil over all.
- Wrap tightly in foil, as if to freeze.
- Place package on rack in BBq and close the lid.
- (Can also be done in the oven- 400f degrees for 1 hour or until potatoes are soft).
- In a hot BBq they should be done within an hour, depends on what else you are BBqing.
- Open packages, adjust seasoning, serve in opened foil.
- Repeat process for as many potatoes as needed