Prep 1 hr
Cook 25 mins
Found this recipe on the back of a package of shredded cheese. Very good!
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal (optional)
- Generously spray large cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with corn meal, optional.
- On very lightly floured surface, roll out thawed bread dough to a 10 inch circle, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle crushed garlic over top, spreading to distribute evenly; press garlic into surface of bread dough.
- Brush entire surface with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese; press cheese firmly into bread dough. Firmly press index finger into surface, making dents every 2 inches.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove plastic wrap and place bread in oven. Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven and place on cooling rack.