Recipe by Pa. Hiker
A quick, easy foccacia that doesn't use pizza bread. There are a number of good dipping oils that work well with this; my family like it with a spaghetti sauce (jar) or as a base for pizza.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons yeast (package is 2-1/4 tsp)
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm water, plus
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon rosemary (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all of the ingredients, beat for 5 minutes at medium speed, let rest at room temp, covered, for 1 hour.
- Scoup the sticky dough into a lightly greased 9x13 pan.
- Cover the pan, let the dough rise for 1 hour until it looks bubbly.
- Bake the focaccia in an oven preheated to 400°F for 25 minutes, or until it’s golden brown.
- Sprinkle with freshly grated parmesean cheese and/ or fresh rosemary about 5 minutes before the end of the baking time.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.