Matthew Molus's Note:
If you have never made flan before, maybe now is the time to try it. This recipe makes it easy. You will need six individual ramekins, and a large baking pan to put them in.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Pour 1 cup sugar in warm pan over medium heat.
- 3Constantly stir sugar until it browns and becomes caramel.
- 4Quickly pour approximately 2-3 tablespoons of caramel into each ramekin, tilting it to swirl the caramel around the sides. Reheat caramel if it starts to harden.
- 5In a mixer or with a whisk, blend the eggs together.
- 6Mix in the milks then slowly mix in the 1/2 cup sugar, then the vanilla.
- 7Blend smooth after each ingredient is added.
- 8Pour custard into carmel lined ramekins.
- 9Place ramekins in a large glass or ceramic baking dish and fill with about 1-2 inches of hot water.
- 10Bake for 45 minutes, check with a knife just to the side of the center. If knife comes out clean, its ready.
- 11Remove and let cool.
- 12Let each ramekin cool in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- 13Invert each ramekin onto a small plate, the caramel sauce will flow over the custard.
- 14Serve & enjoy.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Flan
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 646.0
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 269.6 mg
- Sodium 284.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 86.4 g
- Protein 19.8 g