Recipe by mydoglouis
This recipe uses canned vegetables, and is easily put together the night before a tailgate. Just mix the uncooked rice, the chicken, and the rest of the combined ingredients at the stadium in a roasting pan and cook on a covered gas grill. Serve with your favorite adult beverage and offer hot sauce.
Top Review by Cookworm
We loved this. I forgot the olives, and used leftover chicken in bite size chunks, but the rest as is and not only was it easy to make, it was full of wonderful flavor. Thank you.
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 (15 ounce) cans whole tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 large vidalia onion, finely chopped
- 2 (12 ounce) packages shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can sliced ripe olives
- 2 (1 ounce) packages taco seasoning mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Place entire contents of 3 cans of tomatoes in a blender. Add 2 packages of taco seasoning and blend on slow speed for 5 to 10 seconds, until taco seasoning is evenly mixed in the tomatoes. (Taco seasoning is fairly mild, so you may want to add several dashes of your favorite hot sauce before blending the tomatoes.).
- Pour tomato blend into a large bowl. Add 1 can of corn (drained), 1 can of black beans (drained and rinsed) and chopped Vidalia onion. With a large spoon, mix slowly but thoroughly.
- Coat the bottom of a large baking pan with vegetable or olive oil. Pour the uncooked rice into the pan, spreading the rice evenly over the bottom.
- Pour the tomato-corn-bean-onion blend slowly into the pan.
- Rinse and pat dry chicken thighs. Place chicken into the blend, making sure to cover both sides of each thigh with the blend.
- Place pan into a pre-heated, 350° F oven. Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove pan from oven. Place shredded cheddar cheese (1 package) on top of pan contents. Add sliced ripe olives (and jalapeño slices if desired) evenly on top of the cheese. Add shredded cheese from second package until the olives are covered with cheese.
- Return pan to oven. Continue baking until cheese is golden and bubbling, about 10-15 minutes.