Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 package chicken flavor Rice-A-Roni
- 2 2⁄3 cups hot water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs fresh shrimp or 2 lbs frozen shrimp, cleaned no tails
- 1 package smoky-links sausage or 1 package kielbasa (optional)
- Melt butter in pan.
- Add Rice-A-Roni and saute to a light brown.
- Stir in the hot water and add the chicken flavoring packet.
- included in the Rice-A-Roni.
- Then add all the seasonings and the vegetables.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Add shrimp (and sausage if desired); cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.