Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 mins
Very easy and quick with good taste--make it as spicy as you wish. from Cooking Light.
Make and share this Easy Fish Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups water
- 1 lb cod, cut into bite size pieces (or other lean white fish fillets)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- cayenne pepper
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Add onion, celery and chili powder, sauté 3 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in the corn, Worcestershire sauce, diced tomatoes, 2 cups water, cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the fish, and cook for 3 minutes or until fish is done.
- Taste and add salt and cayenne pepper to taste.
- Stir in parsley.
A-MAZ-ING!!! Doubled the recipe and sure glad I did!!! I used tilapia instead of cod because it was on sale and used cilantro instead of regular parsley and it was great! Thank you!
I made this a couple of nights ago for my boyfriend and myself, and we thought it was absolutely phenomenal. I did make some changes. I cut the recipe in half overall, used leeks instead of onions, more celery, fresh diced tomatoes, canned corn (not drained), and turbot for the fish. I also added cumin and garlic, and used paprika since we didn't have cayenne on hand. I had to add a little water during cooking to get the right consistency. To serve, I sprinkled some mexican blend shredded cheese on top and we ate it using tortilla chips as spoons. In the future, I might use cilantro instead of parsley, and maybe serve with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of lime juice. Keeping in mind the earlier review concerning the fish being too dry, I only cooked the turbot in the stew for about 5 minutes, and it was perfectly tender and melt-in-your-mouth.
Easy to make, very tasty. Added some salt and used cilantro instead of parsley. Added a little more cumin. I will definitely make this again.