1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 15 mins
I make this fish nuggets with catfish and stripper we catch out of the lake. This is easy and tastes great any time of year. Also great for those weeknights when you just don't have the time or energy for serious cooking. I usually accompany this with whatever veggie I happen to have on hand. And as I don't do a lot of frying, I tend to fry something else with it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 catfish fillets (or any white fish)
- 1 cup milk (or enough to cover fish)
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup seafood, breader (found in the flour aisle at the grocery store)
- 1 (20 ounce) container vegetable shortening (I'm not sure about 20oz, but whichever is the larger tub, and will sufficiently fill your deep fryer)
- 1Combine milk and tabsco sauce.
- 2Cut catfish filets into bite sized pieces.
- 3Allow cat fish to soak in milk for at least an hour (I usually do it in the morning before work, but you can do it as early as the night before). Keep in refrigerator until ready.
- 4Heat vegetable shortening to 350.
- 5Roll fish nuggets in seafood breader.
- 6Cook in oil for about 5 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- 7For dipping sauce, simply combine three ingredients. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Catfish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Fish Nuggets
Serving Size: 1 (585 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2833.3
- Calories from Fat 2725
- Total Fat 302.8 g
- Saturated Fat 87.8 g
- Cholesterol 94.7 mg
- Sodium 229.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 29.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: