Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Entered for safe-keeping. From Daphne Doerr, Glendale, Arizona, as submitted to BH&G.
- 1 lb fresh boneless fish fillets or 1 lb frozen fish fillet, thawed
- 10 ounces frozen spinach souffle, thawed
- 8 buttery crackers, crushed (1/3 cup)
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- lemon wedge, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Thaw fish, if frozen.
- Place fish fillets in a single layer in a 12 x 7 1/2 x 2-inch baking dish.
- Spoon souffle on top.
- Combine crushed crackers, wheat germ, and Parmesan cheese; sprinkle over all.
- Bake, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Garnish with lemon wedges, if desired.
Wow - loved this fish! The spinach goes well with the fish and the crackers, wheat germ and parmeson make a great topping. The cook time is right on resulting in moist flakey fish. Thanks for posting this great recipe!