Recipe by Cookin'withGas
A belly-warmer for the long cold days of winter and a meal in itself...Serve with some oyster crackers!
- 2 lbs haddock fillets
- 3 cups water
- 4 cups potatoes, 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Place haddock and water in a dutch oven and heat to boiling.
- Cover and reduce heat to low and simmer approximately 10-15 minutes or until the fish is white and flakes easily.
- Remove the halibut, reserving (set aside) the 'broth' (liquid); cut the haddock into bite size pieces.
- Return 1 CUP of the reserved broth to the dutch oven.
- Add the potatoes, onion and green pepper and simmer 15 minutes or just until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the remaining broth, the haddock, tomato, milk, salt and pepper.
- Heat until hot, but do not boil; sprinkle with cheese before serving.